The KwaZulu-Natal Managed Care Coalition (KZNMCC) was brought into being during 1995, by a group of doctors who shared a common vision. This vision was for KZNMCC to become the reference organisation in the private health care industry in the KwaZulu-Natal region, and would be accomplished by actively promoting the objectives as laid out in the Mission Statement.
KZNMCCs mission statement is "To promote and enhance quality, cost effective, accessible health care to all citizens on the basis of sound economic principles without compromising ethical standards."
KZNMCCs aims & objectives are "To promote and support the South African Managed Care Co-operative (SAMCC) principles within the KZN province, and to strive towards the following objectives:
- To be the commercial arm of private practice in this region.
- To create a regional network of providers.
To enhance the capabilities of providers to improve the standard of their care and to acquire management tools and skills to develop a transparent accountable health delivery system.
- To create an information system regionally and to contribute to the national database.
- To set guidelines, standards and benchmarks.
- To negotiate on behalf of our provider base.
- To market our organisation to all participants within the health care industry with special reference to the provincial authorities, medical aids and managed care organisations, unions and the pharmaceutical industry.
- To create an effective communication structure within our company encouraging EDI and e-mail capabilities.
- To send out regular information to all members.
- To grow and develop as a company with a professional infrastructure to lead the profession pro-actively to fulfil our mission statement and to ensure the sustainability of the private healthcare industry.
- To be a democratic organisation that is doctor owned and doctor driven.